Misusing trade secrets and know howPREV
Misusing trade secrets and know how
Your trade secrets and know how may be misused by:
- a person to whom you have made a disclosure of your trade secrets and know how, for example, under a Confidentiality Agreement or a Non Disclosure Agreement
an employee or a former employee
a visitor to your premises.
That misuse could occur by either:
- the unauthorised disclosure of your trade secrets and know how to another person, or
- the use of your trade secrets and know how in a manner or for a purpose that you have not approved.
If this occurs, you can:
- obtain a court order (called an injunction) to stop a person from misusing your trade secrets or know how, or
- obtain monetary compensation (called damages or account of profits) from a person that has caused you financial loss as a result of their misuse of your trade secrets or know how.