IP Management Training Programme
IP Management Training Programme
Nowadays, intellectual property (IP) is recognised as a key element in business development. The IP Management Training Programme aims to build up the manpower capacity in the businesses, especially small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to adopt good IP management into their overall business strategy and practice.
Those who participate in the training programme will gain a good basic understanding of IP management and will help your enterprise to:
- Enhance awareness of IP protection in your enterprise
- Fully exploit the creative potential of your enterprise
- Proactively protect your enterprise’s IP from infringement
- Liberate the value of your enterprise’s IP assets for trading or seeking investment
- Enhance your enterprise’s competitiveness
The two-day training programme will be delivered by local IP experts. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of training.
Participants of the “IP Management Training Programme” may apply for “Free Intellectual Property Consultation Service” onsite to receive a 30- minute face-to-face consultation service delivered by legal professionals of the IP Committee of the Law Society of Hong Kong. Such service will be arranged at the coffee & lunch breaks and at the end of training in the second day.
Date: 29 June and 6 July 2015, from 9am to 5:15pm
Venue: Meeting Room S421, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Fees: HK$200 (HK$100 for enterprise participated in “IP Manager Scheme”)
Enrolment Period: 22 May to 19 June, 2015
For enterprises who have participated in the “IP Manager Scheme”, the priority enrolment period is 22 May to 12 June, 2015)
Language: Cantonese and English (simultaneous interpretation service in Cantonese will be provided for English speaking session)
Enquiry hotline: (852) 3676 3022
1. A maximum of 2 persons from each enterprises may participate in the “IP Management Training Programme”.
2. A confirmation email with payment details will be issued to successful enrolments on or before 22 June, 2015.
3. Intellectual Property Department reserves the final rights to accept any registration.
Coverage of Programme:
Intellectual Property Fundamentals
- Introduction of different types of IP and rights of IP owners
- Why are they important to your business?
Management and Exploitation of Trade Marks
- How to manage trade marks?
- Registrable marks and unregistrable marks
- Trade mark registration and procedures
- How to commercialise trade marks?
- Civil and criminal enforcement for trade mark infringements and remedies available
Management and Exploitation of Patents
- How to manage your patent portfolio? What is a patent pool?
- Patents registration and procedures
- How to commercialise patents? Common approaches in valuing a patent
- What is a patent troll? Enforcement of patent rights and remedies
Management and Exploitation of Copyright and Designs
- What type of works are protected by copyright and registered designs?
- How to manage copyright and design works?
- How to commercialise copyright and design works?
- Civil and criminal enforcement for copyright infringements and remedies available
- What is IP Trading?
- Portfolio management – IP audit and due diligence
- Why due diligence is important in trading IP?
- IP as business application tools - Assignment, Licensing and Franchising
- Terms and conditions, rights and common loopholes in agreements
IP Management and Protection in the Mainland
- Which Mainland authorities are responsible for IP administration and enforcement?
- Protection and enforcement of IP rights in the Mainland
- Use of administrative action - method of reporting and requirements for evidence
- Business strategies in managing IP in the Mainland
IP in e-commerce
- Domain names and dispute resolution
- IP in online media
- Protect your company against online risks and tactics to mitigate those risks
Enterprises Experience Sharing