IP Manager Training Programme
Nowadays, intellectual property (IP) is recognised as a key element in business development. The IP Manager Training Programme aims to build up the manpower capacity in the businesses, especially small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to adopt good IP management into their overall business strategy and practice.
Those who participate in the training programme will gain a good basic understanding of IP management and will help your enterprise to:
- Enhance awareness of IP protection in your enterprise
- Fully exploit the creative potential of your enterprise
- Proactively protect your enterprise’s IP from infringement
- Liberate the value of your enterprise’s IP assets for trading or seeking investment
- Enhance your enterprise’s competitiveness
The two-day training programme will be delivered by local IP experts. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of training.
Programme Information:(The course is FULL)
Date: 1-2 December 2016 (1 Dec: 2pm to 5:45pm; 2 Dec: 9am to 6pm)
Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Fees: HK$200 (HK$100 for enterprise participated in “IP Manager Scheme”)
Enrolment Period: From now to 25 Nov, 2016
For enterprises who have participated in the “IP Manager Scheme” , the priority enrolment period is until 31 Oct 2016
Enquiry hotline: (852) 3181 3334
1. A maximum of 2 persons from each enterprises may participate in the “IP Manager Training Programme”. Seats will be arranged on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. A confirmation email with payment details will be issued to successful enrolments on or before 22 Nov, 2016.
3. Intellectual Property Department reserves the final rights to accept any registration.
Coverage of Programme:
Intellectual Property Fundamentals
- Introduction of different types of IP and rights of IP owners
- Why are they important to your business?
- How to manage trade marks?
- Registrable marks and unregistrable marks
- How to commercialise trade marks?
- Civil and criminal enforcement for trade mark infringements and remedies available
- What type of works are protected by copyright and registered designs?
- How to manage copyright and design works?
- How to commercialise copyright and design works?
- Civil and criminal enforcement for copyright infringements and remedies available
- How to manage your patent portfolio? What is a patent pool?
- How to commercialise patents? Common approaches in valuing a patent
- What is a patent troll? Enforcement of patent rights and remedies
- What is IP Trading?
- Portfolio management – IP audit and due diligence
- Why due diligence is important in trading IP?
- IP as business application tools - Assignment, Licensing and Franchising
- Protection and enforcement of IP rights in the Mainland
- Which Mainland authorities are responsible for IP administration and enforcement?
- Use of administrative action - method of reporting and requirements for evidence
- Business strategies in managing IP in the Mainland
- Registration and application procedure of trade marks
- Registration and application procedure of patents
- Registration and application procedure of designs