Practical Workshop for IP Managers
Intellectual Property (IP) is not just legal rights, but also an asset that can be bought, sold and licensed. Enterprises may grasp the opportunities presented by IP trading to increase their competitiveness by branding and upgrading, so as to expand their market and business opportunities for greater economic benefits.
IP is an important intangible assets to any enterprise. Therefore, identifying IP assets within the enterprise and building up a set of comprehensive management system is essential. This workshop aims at assisting “IP Managers” to learn protecting and managing IP assets in their enterprises, and integrating IP commercialisation and IP trading into their overall business strategy.
This workshop (Advanced Level) is held regularly and fits well the common business needs of SMEs. It will be conducted by IP professional lawyers to exchange views with participants through group discussion. Besides, participants will receive a “Practical Guide to IP Managers” upon completion of the workshop, so that they and their enterprises can effectively make use of the knowledge of IP protection and management.
Coverage of Programme:
- Identifying IP assets within your enterprise and formulating related strategy
- Managing IP assets within your enterprise
- Setting IP budget and protection measures
- Exploiting IP assets of your enterprise
- Forms of IP commercialisation
- Steps to conduct IP due diligence
Date: 12 July 2019 (Friday)
Time: 2pm to 5pm
Venue: Room 2501, Intellectual Property Department, 25/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Fee: Free of charge
No. of Participants: 30
Enrolment Period: From now on till 5 July
Language: Cantonese (supplement with English terminology)
1. In-house “IP Manager” or staff members in managerial position of enterprises which have participated in the “IP Manager Scheme”. (Click here to join the “IP Manager Scheme”)
2. “IP Managers” or staff members in managerial position who have completed the “IP Manager Training Programme” (Fundamental Level) (Click here for more details of the "IP Manager Training Programme") or are equipped with basic IP knowledge.
3. This workshop only accepts non-IP intermediaries*. Applications from enterprises which are law firms or providing IP intermediary services will not be accepted.
* An IP intermediary generally refers to a party or platform that offers and provides one or more intermediary services for an arrangement, activity, task, negotiation, transaction or proceedings which involves addressing and/or resolving an IP issue, such as IP registration, IP arbitration and mediation, IP matching services, IP legal services, IP valuation etc.
1. A maximum of 2 persons from each enterprise may participate in this workshop.
2. A confirmation email will be issued to qualified and successful enrolments. Those who do not receive the confirmation email may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
3. Qualified persons with unsuccessful enrolments may check this website later for the details of the next workshop.
4. Intellectual Property Department reserves the final rights to accept any registration.