IP Manager Scheme PLUS
In a knowledge-based economy, intellectual property (IP) is becoming increasingly important in promoting business development. Intangible IP assets can be as valuable as tangible assets, and enterprises should build, manage, value and leverage them strategically to drive growth. The Intellectual Property Department (IPD) has launched the “Intellectual Property (IP) Manager Scheme”, which aims at assisting Hong Kong enterprises, especially small and medium enterprises to build up their IP manpower capacity and to grasp the opportunities brought by IP trading.
To meet the development needs of the enterprises, the Scheme PLUS provides more comprehensive and in-depth IP training courses. It caters for specific duties and career development needs of IP Managers and helps to establish their expertise and skills. Enterprises will also be able to enhance their competitiveness and create more economic benefits through innovation and IP exploitation.
Click here for the list of partnering organisations.
List of Partnering Organisations (in alphabetical order)
To Join the Scheme
- Enterprises registered in Hong Kong can join the Scheme for free
- Enterprises should appoint a staff member in a managerial position as their in-house “IP Manager” to oversee the compliance, management, exploitation and commercialisation of IP assets
- The “IP Manager” should enroll in the IP Training Programme which will be conducted by IP professionals.
- Participating enterprises can:
- get priority in registration and special offer for their staff joining the IP Training Programme
- register for "IP-204: Practical Workshop for IP Managers" and get a complimentary copy of the practical guide
- get a certificate of participation upon completion of any one of the 100 series courses under the IP Training Programme by the appointed “IP Manager”
- get a special offer to enroll the “Business of IP Asia Forum”
- receive the latest information on IP